Scribble Mix Banner

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Modern Conflict

War necessary now than ever before.
Media portrayal left to deplore.
Lack of leadership the true gore.
War's not evil fight to uplift more.

Freedom dying by the curbside
Liberty ringing now subsides.
Terror lurks until citizens die.
No country to whom they ally.

Fight for the society that is good
Attack where your principles stood
Eradicate the hate when you could.
Don't express regret saying would.

To the noble warrior I revere.
To protect the ideas I adhere.
To family for my heart sears
To community for I stand here.

I wrote this because it is popular to stand against war.  This was inspired by the question "Does war have a place in modern society?" and my attempt to answer that questions for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment