Scribble Mix Banner

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Days Don't Change

Alright here's my attempt at a county song.  

Simple life of mine won't go astray no matter my thinkin' to get up and try.  Though just for a moment in a dream gave up my job and left this scene.  Went for a journey in the woods never to look back and didn't want to when I could.  Then I found me a path and rode it strong everything as life followed I'd do nothing wrong.  Yet I woke up the next day and went to work following the footsteps of my day to day.  The same damn route in every way.  I'm still walkin' around and talkin' that sound my actions are reflectin' I'll be stayin' in this town.  I'm just a honky tonk nobody runnin' my mouth off key.  I'm tuckered out sick of being me, I'm gettin' up off my ass to be somebody.  I;m cuttin' to the woods to find me that path gonna ride it hard, gonna ride it fast.  There'll me no more talking' just a forgotten past.  I'm breakin' from the mold tearing up the cast.  Started walking the walk so I got to go.  You won't see me to but you might see me fro.  When I left that simple life of mine I slammed the door onto better things in life only because I want more.

Haven't figured out how to show the melody of a song when writing.  Hopefully it flows a little bit.  This is my second draft.  I'm not completely pleased with it but there is always the chance to come back to it and take a third look.

No comments:

Post a Comment